Does/will this game have bullet trajectories?

Here you can contact the developers for your questions and suggestions.

Moderators: Teemu, phosphorous

multihog

Does/will this game have bullet trajectories?

Postby multihog » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Does this game have them? I'm tired of turn-based tactics games where bullets just disappear into thin air after the dice roll is made. It's so much fun and more convincing if you can fire a burst somewhere and maybe hit multiple enemies and the environment. I mean something like JA2 and Silent Storm, where the bullets are actual projectiles that may or may not hit targets, and strays might hit other targets.

I think this is an EXTREMELY important feature and the absence of it the main reason why I dislike the newer XCOM games. I think it's time to go back the simulation way of doing things instead of this lame board game style of the new XCOMs.

I'm sick of hitting shots like https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 35878E0EC/
NoGoodFly
Iron Sight Squad Member

Re: Does/will this game have bullet trajectories?

Postby NoGoodFly » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:37 pm

The game does indeed have bullet trajectories.

When a character fires their weapon, the game is calculating the spread of the projectiles based on the stats of the weapon as well as those of the individual character. It's also adjusting for shot difficulty. This can be for example, if your merc or the target is moving or stationary.

This system also calculates a damage reduction or increase on each shot based on some different factors. Like the different armor the target can be wearing, the type of cover that is between you and the target, as well as the type of ammo that is being used.

So while projectiles can penetrate some surfaces, situations like the one in your screenshot won't happen in End State.
multihog

Re: Does/will this game have bullet trajectories?

Postby multihog » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:49 am

That is great news! Following this game closely.

Return to “Feature requests”