What are you looking forward to the most in End State?

General discussion about End State and other similar games.

Moderators: Teemu, phosphorous

hencha
Site Admin

Postby hencha » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:50 am

Micro-managing the squad - choosing the right weapons, selecting the best equipment and adding the upgrades that suit your playstyle.

Exciting tactical combat - Getting to extraction point with your last remaining combatant while the enemy is pursuing you.

Movie-like action - Watching the buildings collapse and cars explode while you go through the enemy guns blazing.

Strategical choice - Sending your squad in the right place at the right time.

Covert action - Completing your objectives and eliminating your enemies unseen in the shadows.
End State developer
MagronesBR

Re: What are you looking forward to the most in End State?

Postby MagronesBR » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:30 pm

That "Ambush Feature" in X-COM 2 in which you can put your troops in strategic places before the assault is quite interesting. Looking forward to that.
hencha
Site Admin

Postby hencha » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:35 am

MagronesBR wrote:That "Ambush Feature" in X-COM 2 in which you can put your troops in strategic places before the assault is quite interesting. Looking forward to that.

We are more into style where you can kill your enemies with silenced guns without others even noticing :)
End State developer
antec7033

Postby antec7033 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi all,

First of all... everything i have seen of the game so far has made me want more so that is very very good.

I hope that there is a good story , some bad-ass tactics ,nice graphics , realism.... And much more.

I can't wait for the Alpha. :D
running

Postby running » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:25 pm

I think I mostly hope for "fixing"what the xcom reboot did wrong:

- I want to micro manage my team load out
- I want an almost infinite amount of equipment and possiblilities to combine upgrades.
- A techtree or similar feature that allows and forces me to choose pathways to research/develop where I need to balance my options as you can't do them all.
- An infinite number of maps instead of pre designed ones
- Acievements should result in me being able to do more stuff instead of the game punishing me. (for example accomplishing a task should not mean I now get more difficult enemies on all missions, but that I can now choose to take on more difficult tasks or just get a lot better at the same tasks.

But to be honest.... don't just give people what they tell you they want, have a vision of what you think is awesome and have the balls to go for it. Don't give people a faster horse, build a car!
Boge

Postby Boge » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:30 pm

Aside from the general gameplay, which is my favorite genre, I'm really looking forward to how the realistic bullet simulation works out. After playing Xcom and watching my bullets strike my target, but it really doesn't because it's just a roll of the dice, it will be nice to see that pulling my trigger still has SOME effect to enemies behind, or to the environment.
BaronVonBoyce

Postby BaronVonBoyce » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:49 am

hencha wrote:What are you looking forward to the most in End State?

Micro-managing the squad - choosing the right weapons, selecting the best equipment and adding the upgrades that suit your playstyle.

Exciting tactical combat - Getting to extraction point with your last remaining combatant while the enemy is pursuing you.

Movie-like action - Watching the buildings collapse and cars explode while you go through the enemy guns blazing.

Covert action - Completing your objectives and eliminating your enemies unseen in the shadows.

Definitely these three for me:

Baron Von Boyce // Junior Designer
http://www.otherocean.com
Thanksgiving's here... Time to carve some turkeys!
Boge

Postby Boge » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:41 pm

I'm mostly looking forward to some sort of response from the developer at this point. Do we need to send out a search party into the Alps?
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:00 am

Boge wrote:I'm mostly looking forward to some sort of response from the developer at this point. Do we need to send out a search party into the Alps?

There was a response by the devs in your last thread. Its just strange why they are so quiet over the last four months. Before that they gave us updates every two weeks.

I just hope that there are good reasons(for the game) behind this silence.
DeBreuer

Postby DeBreuer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:11 am

- bullet physics like in jagged alliance 2 with bullet cam, ricochets etc. ( tactic games nowadays dont have them anymore, thats why they are boring)
- gore effects like in jagged alliance 2, when you are close and burst them down :twisted:
- zone defending

Return to “General game discussion”