Please, please, please

Here you can contact the developers for your questions and suggestions.

Moderators: Teemu, phosphorous

Jodet

Please, please, please

Postby Jodet » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:22 am

Have the normal difficulty level not insanely hard? No timed missions. No 'your guys couldn't hit an elephant in a phone booth but the other guys never miss'?

Please? I'm sick to death of crazy hard games.
BillyB

Re: Please, please, please

Postby BillyB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:34 pm

I honestly wouldn't mind just one "normal" difficulty level for this game, as long as it was not insanely hard - but that surely wouldn't count as "normal". I'm not sure about timed missions. Timed missions, with a limited amount of turns to get the job done, might be okay sometimes, but not most of the time - unless the limited number of turns was very reasonable. I suppose if you had different difficulty levels, then using different time limits would be one way to express difficulty. In other words, on the "easy" setting you would get more turns to complete a mission (or there would be no limit), and on the "hard" setting you would have a more limited number of turns to complete a mission. I'm still not hot about timed missions most of the time, but they would be appropriate sometimes.

I agree with not having regular situations where your guys can't hit the broad side of a barn, but the enemy's guys are all apparently crack shots that can hit you from the other side of the battlefield. That gets annoying quickly. Also, all enemies being elite guys with heavy body armor and weapons all the time gets very annoying as well, even in later levels of a game like this. Variety in the type of enemies you fight throughout the game will help keep things fresh and interesting. Its nice to have some unpredictability when it comes to such things. The game should be challenging and fun, but that probably goes without saying.

Return to “Feature requests”