Where oh where did you go?

General discussion about End State and other similar games.

Moderators: Teemu, phosphorous

Boge

Where oh where did you go?

Postby Boge » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:53 am

Whenever I think about this game, that 'Snoopy Come Home' song comes to mind. "Where oh where did you go?"

This was my top hyped game this year. Now you've gone dark. What happened? Maybe you should reconsider that Kickstarter plan, huh? This game should not be swept under the carpet.
causticdawn

Re: Where oh where did you go?

Postby causticdawn » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:13 am

I wholeheartedly agree with you. It still a mystery why they decided to cut all contact considering it's paramount for small teams to actively engage with the community. It's even more strange because the co-founder himself has said that in his thesis. The idea of kickstarter is also is not really viable in their case. Simply because it's not available in Finland. There definitely should be a reason to their silence as I believe even monthly updates with 1-2 screenshots are feasible. Further more in one of the interviews with the founder of Iron Sight there's a mention on the possibility of them being at gamescom. However they are not on the exhibitor list.

Here's link to full thesis by Henri Heikkinen on the development without kickstarter:
http://www.theseus.fi/bitstream/handle/10024/128286/kickstarter%20not%20required%20henri%20heikkinen.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

Link to the interview with the founder (not sure if it's been posted):
https://fullsync.co.uk/exclusive-interview-with-henry-vuontisjarvi-of-iron-sight

Both sources seem to be posted not long before their disappearance.

Overall I hope to hear any news at all, be it good or bad.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:57 pm

@Boge: I can feel with you. Its also my most wanted game ;) I look every week for news on twitter, facebook or the forum.

For me it's ok that they are silent if they work hard on the game. They should take their time. No need to rush things if we get a great game in the end. Its not too important how long it takes.

But after 4,5,6 month I'm expecting a little surprise. "Alpha is coming" or just a big step forward.

So I just hope hope hope that you are still working on the game. Please give us just a sign of life here or on facebook/twitter.

There is nothing like Endstate out there so please keep this game alive.
rork

Postby rork » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:34 pm

The Curse of Jagged Alliance. The Curse of Jagged Alliance never changes... Probably next game on long list of games abandoned, never published or simply being total crap...

On the other hand screenshots and videos show game in rather advanced stage of developing, so it is hard to believe they leave it day to day.

And there should be a liitle responsibility from developers to simply say to us: "Yes, we abandon this project".
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Yes I guess the curse of Jagged Alliance has struck yet again. There is no reason by the devs not to say some words in the last 4 month except the project ran out of money and is dead.

It looked really promising. I dont get why games like XCOM get a big publisher but Jagged Alliance like Games does not.

That was the best and one of the most successful round based tactical games ever and no publisher wants to support a studio with such a promising title like Endstate with over 30.000 Fans on Facebook?

Again I dont get it.

But please tell us if the game is dead before we keep the hopes high. The last JA Projects were disappointing enough.
Acid

Postby Acid » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:00 am

A reply from ironsight would be good, whether its cancelled or still being worked on would do, i know from other games i've followed and never heard from in awhile can mean that there having trouble with development, lets hope not.
NoGoodFly
Iron Sight Squad Member

Postby NoGoodFly » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi everyone!

I'd like to apologize on behalf of the team for our prolonged radio silence. We are not dead and the game is still in active development.

I hope in the near future we can share more about what we've been up to these past months. But to tide you over until then, here's some images showing off the time of day system we've added into the game.

We appreciate you following us and End State's development.

timesofday.jpeg
timesofday.jpeg (94.43 KiB) Viewed 512 times
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:37 pm

NoGoodFly wrote:Hi everyone!

I'd like to apologize on behalf of the team for our prolonged radio silence. We are not dead and the game is still in active development.

I hope in the near future we can share more about what we've been up to these past months. But to tide you over until then, here's some images showing off the time of day system we've added into the game.

We appreciate you following us and End State's development.

timesofday.jpeg

Great to hear from you ;-) I just hope that there are not too many stones in your way to develop Endstate and that the game is doing well in the future.

Keep up the great work and please talk to us from time to time. For all of us Endstate is the most wanted title this year.

For sure we also want to support Endstate as good as we can ;)

But as long as the game won't get cancelled everything is fine.
rork

Postby rork » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:12 pm

Thank you for good news :)

"Hit the table and the shears will speak" - as we say in Poland ;)
Boge

Postby Boge » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:18 pm

Whew!! Man oh man, that was like a relative gone to the ER and you have no idea what happened, whether they're alive, dead, or dying!! Please don't do that to us!!

Return to “General game discussion”